Become a member now:

Historic Robinson Cottage

333 Main St. Southport, CT

Acquired in 1926

Membership Levels

Photo Credit: Eric Sundman

Southport Park

2018 Annual Meeting Flyer

The Sasquanaug Association for Southport Improvement was founded in 1887 by a group of prominent local ladies seeking to improve and beautify the Village of Southport, Connecticut. At the time, Southport was in a period of transition from a bustling shipping town to a more residential enclave. Inspired by similar groups in other towns in Connecticut and Massachusetts, they raised funds through membership dues, bake sales and lawn parties to fund their endeavors such as the installation and maintenance of blue stone sidewalks and kerosene street lamps throughout the village.

View Fairfield Citizen Article (7/13/17)